Bedroom armoires for style and storage
Armoires are elegant, sophisticated and stylish pieces of furniture that can add character and charm to your living space. Whether you're decorating your bedroom or updating your living room, adding an armoire keeps all of your items organized and also serves as an attractive focal point of the room. Traditional armoires are made from natural woods such as oak, pine and cherry, but a number of distinctive styles are made with wood veneers and laminates.
Choosing Armoires for Home Storage and Decorating
When you want to keep jewelry, computer equipment or clothing in a safe and secure place, you don't have to store the items in boxes, bins or closets. If you live in a very hot or cold climate, storing expensive or specialty items in plastic containers or an open closet can cause damage over time. Armoires are designed to keep special items safe and clean for the long term. They are a convenient storage solution for almost any type of home or apartment.
Types of Armoires
Bedroom armoires, jewelry armoires and entertainment armoires are some of the most common types of decorative storage chests you will find in the traditional or modern home.
- Bedroom armoires. A bedroom armoire, or wardrobe, can be used as a replacement for (or supplement to) a closet. These armoires are available in a variety of styles, colors and designs to complement the style or theme of your bedroom. Solid wood armoires can match your bed, dresser and other pieces of your bedroom set for a complete, distinctive look. An antique armoire can lend an old-world or nostalgic look to the room.
- Jewelry armoires. If you have more jewelry than will fit in a typical jewelry box, a jewelry armoire can store your collection and provide easy access to each piece. Smaller jewelry armoires sit on a dresser or vanity, while larger ones stand alone on the floor.
- Entertainment armoires. An entertainment armoire is perfect for housing and showcasing a television and surround-sound equipment while hiding unattractive wires. A TV armoire is typically designed with several drawers, compartments and shelves to store DVDs, CDs and entertainment devices when they are not in use.
- Computer armoires. If you don't have a separate home office, a computer armoire can incorporate your work space into the bedroom or living room, keeping all of your computer equipment, office supplies and materials safe, secure and organized. When the computer is not in use, simply close up the armoire and it's out of sight.
- Corner armoires. Armoires can be used to solve interior design challenges. An awkward corner in a room can become functional and aesthetically pleasing with the help of a corner armoire. This also provides extra storage without taking up a lot of space.
Simply put, armoires are a classic and attractive way of adding some practical storage to your home.
By Sabah Karimi